Once the spring weather turns warm, we can’t wait to get out on the water. Whenever the sun comes out, the staff starts thinking about their boats and jet skis. Water is just a way of life in Michigan.
The only downside we can think of is pulling the boat out of storage and seeing how much cleaning there is to do to get the boat ready. Here’s a quick check list of things we recommend you do before taking to the water.
- Full Detailing – whether you use a professional service like Auto One (yes, we detail and recondition boats too) or you detail it by yourself, take the time to add some polish to your boat before leaving the dock.
- Check your engine – older motors can become clogged. Gasoline can become stale over the winter months.
- Check your boat cover for holes or wear and tear. With your boat out of storage, now is a good time to get it fixed.
- Pest control. Look for any damage that might have happened over the winter.
- Check your batteries. Replace them as needed.
- Plan for upgrades. With all the new technology, that must have item is never far away. Things like marine audio, new GPS units, and Internet connected devices make for nice upgrades.
We’ll be on the water in the Fenton, MI, area. Say hello if you are too.