The SEMA Show is known world-wide as a source for new products and innovations. “A love for cars, trucks and SUVs is the motivating force behind the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA). This trade association consists of a diverse group of manufacturers, distributors, retailers, publishing companies, auto restorers, street rod builders, restylers, car clubs, race teams and more.” There were at least 3,000 new and featured products that this year’s show. Here are a collection of the products that caught Auto One’s interest.
Auto Accessories of Interest
These new products were a big hit at SEMA. They will look and function great in your vehicle:
- The modular Jeep RX Series front bumper by Bodyguard offers a customized look as a bolt-on component. It includes many LED light mounting options.
- Front Sway Bar for the all-new ’18 Jeep Wrangler JL by Hellwig Products improves both the handling and safety on- and off-road. According to the manufacturer, “you’ll feel an immediate improvement when you drive through the first corner with a Hellwig sway bar installed”.
- OnX6, Hybrid LED and Laser Light Bars by Baja Designs Inc. “The Laser Light is capable of throwing light 60% farther than our current OnX6+ Light Bar. We have created a ‘Hybrid’ light in order to give the user the ultimate lighting package. A 10” OnX6 Hybrid projects 2 laser chips and 4 LED chips through to deliver a far reaching, yet smooth blend of light – elevating lighting into the next generation!”
- Radar Blind Spot System with Cross Traffic Detection by Brandmotion won the Van/Pickup/ Sport-Utility Product award. This product works on any vehicle built after 2007. It has an effective range of 40 feet behind the vehicle. It provides audible tones and warning lights for drivers.
- Ahead of the curve as always, AVS proudly debuted its Aeroskin LightShield™ Hood Protector, the only hood protector that offers amber LED marker lights for the edge of your hood! It won the Exterior Accessory Product award. The runner up was ORACLE Lighting and their Vector Series Grill.
Weird and Fun Auto Accessories
Sometimes you need something a little different. Here are a few new products that were out of the ordinary:
- EXxtreme Console Safe by Lock’er Down is made of 12 gauge cold rolled steel for when you need the most in security.
- Aero X Truck Bed Cap by Michigan Vehicle Solutions (from Southgate, MI). From the manufacturer’s website, “With breathtaking styling and dramatically improved aerodynamic efficiencies, this truck bed cap provides uninhibited access to the truck’s bed and maintains complete functionality and lockable bed security. Integrated modern rear-window louvers offer enhanced styling and sun protection without obstructing rearward vision.”
- Santa Cruz by Retro Manufacturing is a radio replacement for 88-94 GM Trucks. For those truck owners still driving their 88 GM, they can update the radio with a retro styled but Bluetooth and SiriusXM enabled replacement.
Vehicles of Interest
These vehicles have hit the market. Maybe you’ve seen them around town:
- Mahindra brought its ROXOR (a Jeep Wrangler clone for off-road driving only) to the SEMA Show.
- Polaris had an ultimate joyride drift course for the three-wheeled Slingshot roadster. When the weather was warmer, we’ve seen several Slingshots cruising around Detroit, Michigan.
Auto One stores are here to help you with all of your after-market needs. Ask our automotive accessories experts about these products and additional options for your car, truck or SUV. To learn more about these products and more, visit your local Auto One Glass and Accessories.